Follow by Email

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Snowy Vernal Equinox


 

Three Days Ago................................................. and Today

How appropriate that the third of my most nasty chemotherapy sessions has passed and I've gone from bright sunshiny spring to a deep sleep (thinking of the Wicked Witch of the West, saying "sleep my little pretties, sleep"). Perhaps it was the only way I could get through this horrible week by sleeping (literally) the entire time except while being infused with drugs, fluids, or anti-emetics. I doubt the snow did any long term harm to my precious blooms, and now we have the benefit of the added daylight every day that will surely help to bring healing light into the dark recesses of the evil tumors. My mother came from 80 degrees and cherry blossoms in Bethesda to help me to get rough this session, and fortunately I was able to relax enough to sleep 20 out of 24 hours each day for the past 4 days. Much needed sleep, and a much appreciated gift to not hve to worry about the children. Isobel has been driving stick with the able guidance of Coach Werntz, and Coaches Fernandez and McCrory have taken Cannon under their wings to try and motivate him from his efforts of zero at his school work in order to get him eligible for Football in the Fall. Please join with me in encouraging Cannon to realize the importance of "busy work" so that he can actually show that he has put some effort into his school work, and stays away from the wrong crowds who encourage him to be non-compliant and non-trustworthy. It really does take a village to raise a child, and this child does not  and will not listen to or respect his mother, however painful that reality may be for me.

Thank you one and all.

Anne.


2 comments:

  1. Anne, you, the kids and the community are amazing. Sleep as much as your body needs, as sleep can be healing. There is something/someone I want to mention to you but best by email or a call. How to reach you? I am happy for us all, but especially for you that Spring and light is on its way, thanks to Mother Nature. Love and reaching out from Mexico, where I am until early April, to hug you, Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sara. Your bltooms from Mexico were very cheery..... at least the last of the snow seems to have gone from here....

    <3

    Anne

    ReplyDelete