Follow by Email

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Happy May Day (and Lei Day) 2012




I just got back from the Dr. and we are going to do blood work in two weeks and then meet again, and meet with the radiologist. As far as my case goes, the chemotherapy is over, as the risks of organ failure etc, are about 4-5% whereas the benefits from the Taxol (chemo part II) are only worth at most 1%. He thought the previous chemo should be moving out of my system in the next 2-4 weeks and I should start to feel less lethargic and groggy. It is too early now to say whether or not I will use Tamoxifen, so we'll just have to wait and see. The blood results should guide the next course of action. So overall my prognosis is "excellent", although I will have to keep on staying safe and away from crowds, no dirt/germs, no eating out, etc. 

Isobel and her film team are getting a special award in Sacramento on Friday night -- so I will go to that but wear a mask.

Thanks to all for your wishes of wellness and for your offers of help -- as soon as I can I will appreciate any offers of company, especially during the summer as Cannon goes off to Football Camp all day and Isobel packs off for school.... first order of business is to outfit her dorm room with sheets etc. that coordinate with her roommate (unless she gets a single). I hope to set up a Skype base. I am currently on a 6 month 'disability" leave of absence but it is more likely that it will be a year as it seems to take most women at least a year to recover from what I have been going through.

xoxoxo Love, Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment