Follow by Email

Friday, March 1, 2013

Happy St. David's Day 2013 -- Big Strides Ahead!


Well I NEVER thought I would say this, but I am starting to feel better. SLOWLY but SURELY. I have been walking with the Lord, and He has given me strength. I have been walking Gwendolyn, my Welsh Corgi for 45 minutes a day for the last few weeks (up from just barely to the end of the street and back just a month ago). Today, it was close to 70 and as it is in my week "off" teaching (12 on one off) and I set of on a trek with puppy's with grand ambitions -- "around the lake" about 5 miles. Cannon said "that's a long way Mom".... so I went on a longer loop  instead for about 90 minutes (boy am I tired now, I will sleep well tonight). My goal is to make it around the lake by my 50th birthday (about 8 months). I want to specially thank all those who have been my cheerleaders, especially RSH and GJK. I felt well enough this week that I even cleaned the house (!!!!!) from top to bottom. Just in time for Isobel to come home for Spring Break a week from today. I am so excited. I will make it to 50 in shape!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for feeling good! I love walking in the woods with my dog. I do a 3 mile loop almost every day. It feels so good. You'll make it around the lake!

    ReplyDelete